Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drip irrigation for containers using milk jugs?

Posted by kawaiineko_gardener 5a (jesusbeloved29@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Apr 25, 11 at 19:35

I read about this and I'm wondering if it's possible and effective. I have various containers of many sizes and shapes. My round ones range in size from 1-1/2 gallons
to 5 gallons and the smallest ones are about 8" to 10"
in diameter; the others are three that are 14" in diameter
and one 16" in diameter.

My other ones are rectangular in shape

and are as follows...

small (10 gallon)
medium (18 gallons)
large (30 gallons)

Since I'm using multiple containers how can I set up a drip irrigation system for them all with the milk jugs?

Also how many milk jugs would I put per container for drip irrigation? I don't know if I'm going to set up a system for all of my containers, or just use "x amount of milk jugs" (how many would depend on the size of the container). However I haven't decided which method to use yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drip irrigation for containers using milk jugs?

I would not consider this method unless nothing else was possible. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here