Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nottheonlydreamer

bagged mix for fabric containers

Nottheonlydreamer
12 years ago

Hello everyone - I'm new to GW and am hoping to find some help for what seems to be overwhelming me (it's what I get for spending too much time here).

This year, I'm trying fabric containers for the first time (friend of mine had extras and gave me some) hoping to get a better yield than planting in-ground (clay).

I know everyone's a huge fan of Al's mixes and I'd love to try 'em however, the challenge for me is finding the ingredients here and, more importantly, having to screen and mix enough for several fabric pots. I have a back injury that limits what I can do in the garden. I can get a friend to help me pour potting mix into a few containers but I'm simply not going to ask someone to run around all over town to get ingredients then come home and screen and mix up a bunch of it for me.

So (to the die-hard "Al's Mixers" - I apologize in advance for what I'm about to ask)....is there anyone else in southern California (or locatin with hot, dry summers) using a bagged mix for fabric pots? Can you make a recommendation?

Comments (4)