Avocado
Blueberry

Using Fanntum or Smart Pots.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gritty or 5-1-1?

For me. What is my aim, desire?

Since both mixes work great for all, just choose which plantings you want in a mix that lasts longer than the other, the gritty being far mire superior and out lasting the 5.1.1

I use the gritty for long term plantings and the 5.1.1 mix for shorter term plantings, usually seasonal ones.

Remember that the main purpose of any mix is to anchor the roots.
Then depending on what you use will determine how healthy your plants are..

o

Thanks, after screening 50 gals of each gritty component, I needed affirmation.

o

I agree with Mike. The 511 is generally used for shorter term plantings, like outdoor seasonal plantings... and the Gritty Mix is generally used for long term plantings, or indoor plants that you don't want to re-pot every year.

I use the Gritty Mix for everything I have potted indoors... all my bulbs, orchids, cacti, everything. I usually plan on doing a re-pot every two or three years.

This year, I'll be using the 511 outside for some of my patio pots and my arrangements of annual flowers.

So, to recap... 511 for seasonal... Gritty for longer term.

You've got it! You'll do fine! :-)

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 3, 11 at 15:21

If I was establishing plantings of all those plants, I wouldn't have a moment of hesitation. They'd each and all go in the gritty mix. I grow all my woody & long term material in it.

.... have your fertilizer program figured out yet?

Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here