Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow Provence Pea Plant

Posted by LindsayConrad none (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 22:00

This is the first time I have tried to grow Provence Peas in containers from seed. I have had a hard time germinating the seeds but ive found that soaking them prior to planting has increased my success. I am using the same bag of medium for all of my pots (HP mycorrhizae); and all the seeds are from the same packet. Some of the plants are beautiful; they are strong, green and growing well. But my newest one has emerged very yellow and pale (almost see-through). Though it's a strange color, It's growing well and shows no signs of dying. What would cause only one of my peas to do this? It cant be soil bourne because the others are fine. It could be over-watered... so if thats the case will it turn the proper color when the soil dries out a bit? Any tips, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you and Happy spring to everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow Provence Pea Plant

Can you post a photo? It may be an albino, in which case, it will die. Or it could be too much water, poor drainage or not enough fertilizer. It doesn't sound like a disease, but we need a photo to help diagnose the problem.

o
RE: Yellow Provence Pea Plant

Ok... the medium has started to dry out and the baby is starting to change to green. Im pretty sure that ive been over watering them in an attempt to keep them moist before they sprout. Thank you... and next time ill post a picture with my question. :)

This post was edited by LindsayConrad on Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 12:05

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here