Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy4convertibles

what size liner to buy for wall baskets?

crazy4convertibles
10 years ago

A few years ago I bought a pair of hanging half-round wall planter baskets from Kmart. They were originally black wrought iron; a couple of years back I spray-painted them a matte antique gold, partly because the hardware on our house is gold/brass color, including the carriage lamps (from which the baskets hang) on either side of the garage door.

I need to buy new coconut fiber liners for the baskets so I can replant them, but I'm not sure about what size to buy. Home Depot & Lowe's don't carry the half-round liners, nor does Kmart. (They carry the 'horse trough' size liners, but they're long & narrow & won't work.) I tried cutting some large round coco mats to fit last year, & that was a disaster.

I can't find anywhere in STL that carries the half-round pre-molded liners, so I'm going to order some online. There are a couple of places on the internet I found through Google, but they have standard sizes -- usually 16" & 22". In fact, I found my exact baskets on eBay, but I don't need new baskets, just the liners! (see pic below ... sorry it's fuzzy, I copied from eBay) The dimensions are exactly what I measured -- planting area measures 8" tall, 19" wide, 8" deep. I'm afraid if I buy the 16" liners they won't be big enough by the time I put in potting soil & plants, so I'm leaning toward the 22" or 18" liners, depending on where I buy them.

Suggestions? Thx in advance.