Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynn_nevins

such a thing as windowboxes supported by anchors from INSIDE?

Lynn Nevins
12 years ago

I live in an apartment building and wanted to put a windowbox on the ledge outside my bedroom window. I assume that I could find a window box that includes some type of metal frame that has hooks attached, and basically from inside my apartment I would hang the frame so that it goes under the window glass itself, then I shut the bottom of the window screen DOWN on the hooks, and then I rest the window box inside the frame which would rest on the outside ledge.

Although now that I say that, just a window screen pressed down on the brackets would not be enough to offset the weight of the windowbox...esp should a strong wind come or something.. So....is really the only way to have a windowbox is to bolt it somehow to the exterior of the building (which I would not be allowed to do)? Of course the other option is to just hope the window box stays put, but seeing as I am on the 4th floor I obviously cannot take that risk that it falls...so I would need SOME way to secure it. The only way I can think of barring bolting it to the outside of the building is to bolt it to the inside of the window frame but I'm not sure I could do that either...

Tx all....

Comments (3)