Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rina_

Happy Birthday to Al

Wishing you very happy day and many, many more Al.

Rina

Comments (14)

• nycgarden
    11 years ago

Three cheers for Capt'n Al,
    Hazzaa!
    Hazzaa!
    Hazzaa!

• dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
    11 years ago

What ^^^ nycgarden said! Happy Happy !

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Al,

I hope you have a wonderful Birthday today!!!

Thank you for all that you do for us..

You truly have helped me learn to grow..

Here is a few pictures from my first blooming Plumeria of the season ....

Have a great Birthday!!!

Laura

{{gwi:26049}}
    Princess Victoria

{{gwi:26051}}

Vera Cruz Rose

Take care,

Laura

• JVjava
    11 years ago

Hope you have great day!

• nirmalk_p
    11 years ago

Wishing you a wonderful happy birth day and many many more..

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    11 years ago

I can honestly say that you guys have certainly added something to help me enjoy my day far more than I would have w/o your kindness. I'm 16.1 Celsius today, in case anyone was wondering. ;-) Thank you soo much!

Al

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Hehe...happy hatchday, Al ;-)

Josh

• peapod13
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday Al,

My trees are truly so much better off than they would have been, had I not found your posts and your willingness to share your experience and knowledge.

My trees thank you and I thank you.

Blake

• tillygrower
    11 years ago

Al, let me add my voice to those wishing you a Happy Birthday! I have learned so many useful things from reading your posts! Thank you for continuing to devote so much of your time to increasing all of our horticultural knowledge!

11 years ago

Thanks again, guys. I really appreciate your good wishes!

Al

• queensinfo
    11 years ago

I didn't log in yesterday but happy (belated) birthday. I (and i am sure everyone else) really appreciates your selflessness and assistance.

11 years ago

Awww - thanks!

Here's a cool thing you can do on some one's b-day if you're sending a card:

1) Buy a belated b-day card.
    2) Send it so it arrives at least 2 days before the person's b-day.
    3) Make sure you write on the outside of the card, "Do not open until (and write the date 2 days after their birthday)".

{{gwi:10897}} Al

• erict
    11 years ago

Thanks to "tapla" I've been able to grow incredibly out-of-zone tropicals from seed. All thanks to that famous soil drainage post.

I haven't even logged into this forum for a very long time, and it's worth dropping in to say thanks.

Here's a picture of a pummelo from seed because ... thanks to you I know I can.

{{gwi:26053}}

• jodik_gw
    11 years ago

I'm always late... this poor memory of mine!

Happy Birthday, Al! With all the help you've given me over the years, I'm hoping you had the best Birthday ever!

Laura, those are gorgeous Plumeria blooms! I'm still leery of leaving mine outside... this crazy weather we've been having has me afraid... we could possibly still get a frost or two, so I'm patiently trying to wait!

The best present I ever got was all the knowledge I've collected from Al and others... it has served me well, and I'm a much better gardener because of it.

So, thank you... and thanks, Al. You're a wonderful friend! :-) Big Birthday hugs... late, but still from the heart!