Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
idabean2

Glad I visited today!

Marie Tulin
12 years ago

Wow, I learned a lot today, and just in time

Today I bought the big bag of Reptile bark. I looked at each size (mainly comparing price/unit) but not the bark itself. Back to the store it goes!

I can't keep up with watering my houseplants in the 1-1-1 mix. I'm outdoors in the garden every minute, and simply can't remember to check indoor plants daily. They are suffering.

Seems to me I could transplant into 5-1-1 mix or cover with light mulch. It is still to chilly to put the indoor plants outside (in the 40's at night)

What ideas do you have for houseplant care when the gardener's attention has turned to her 1/2 acre garden?

Frankly, I'm inclined to just let the really sensitive begonias live or die. The orchids are a tough bunch and seem to get by.

I didn't remember about the 5-1-1 mix at all. Do I understand correctly this is the mix for young plants I'm growing on, eventually to transplant into the garden?

I can water these with weak miracle grow as needed?

BTW, I'd be starting my third batch of gritty mix if I hadn't read about the bark....

I'll get going in a couple of days.

It is great catching up with people and knowing that new people are visiting and taking Al's advice.

Marie

Comments (6)