Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nutrient deficiency in container identification

Posted by Rickster88 USDA14 (My Page) on
Sat, May 3, 14 at 6:19

Hi all,

I've been crawling the search engines trying to find the cause for new leave growth to have holes in them. It looks like an insect has eaten away at the leaves but I'm very sure it is not and it is only happening to new growth. I can limit it down to it not being lack of water, lack of sun or abundance of it because the plant has been in the same place and have not seen this before. I also noticed this on my orange jasmines when I did a repot and root pruned.

My fertiliser schedules
Miracle gro 24-8-16 once a week
http://www.miraclegro.com/smg/products/Miracle-Gro/pdf/All_Purpose_1.5.pdf
Espoma citrus tone every 3rd to 4th week http://www.espoma.com/p_consumer/pdf/products/tones/Esp_Citrus.pdf

photo image_zpsb7440693.jpg
 photo image_zpse1cec0f4.jpg
 photo image_zps663597ce.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nutrient deficiency in container identification

I had the same thing with my plants...and I was told some kind of flying insect caused it. That insect feeds on new leaves and it does the job very quickly.

Xuan

o

Leaf cutter bees?

o

Thanks danbonsai. I'll be on a look out for bees. But I haven't noticed any.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here