Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help

Posted by ContainerGardener6 none (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 12 at 7:38

Is there any experienced container gardeners that can take a look at my blog and let me know if I am doing thing right?

www.thesixthfloortomato.blogspot.com

All help is appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help

Welcome to GardenWeb. A lot of help is available on this forum. It would help those wanting to help to know you are gardening in Canada. Where you have "none" in your address, you could put your location in Canada. Al

o
RE: Help

I looked at your blog and think you need to post what the growing conditions are like. Are you trying to grow indoors? Tomatoes need lots of light if you want a good crop. Do you have a fertilizer? What kind of potting mix are you using? It looks very heavy/dense in the picture, which isn't ideal. You'll need to repot into a bigger container once the plants get bigger. That would be a good time to put it in a lighter soilless potting mix. There are lots of opinions about the best growing medium. I have used the 5:1:1 mix that's discussed a lot here and I like it but this year I used miracle gro potting mix and I think it's fine for me. Sparta is an indeterminate tomato, so you'll want to get a tomato cage to support the plant once it gets big. Good luck to you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here