photo IMG_2297_zps5bf24df2.jpg

photo IMG_2298_zps5a66878d.jpg

photo IMG_2287_zps74b4883c.jpg

photo IMG_2288_zps721b2145.jpg

ps the tree looks much bigger in person then in the pictures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ficus tree repot

It looks like this tree must have come from a greenhouse where it got a lot more light than you can provide where it is in your pictures. My prediction is a whole lot of leaf loss in the next month or two, no matter how you repot. Al

o

actually I bought it from an old lady it was placed close to a window she said she had it for 18 yrs

the place you see in the picture is not where I;'m going to put it its going by a window which receives full sunlight all year and out on the deck during summer time

o

out on the deck the dusty leaves needed a good washing

I was reading about the Gritty mix I know where to buy turface somehwre in Brampton and bark at pets mart but no idea where to get granite grit anyone in Toronto area?? have the Gritty mix?

what to do about the roots that are coming out of the bottom of the planter seems like its all stuck together

the plan is try to loosen it up as much as I can then cut open the plastic planter and stick the plant it into the gritty mix in the big white planter

photo IMG_2300_zps2c3b537e.jpg

o

Hrose, that is a beautiful ficus! I am surprised you did not get more helpful responses. Hopefully this bump will help.

Accidentally, I was just googling how to repot a Ficus Burgundy (rubber plant) I bought last month. I do not think I need to do it this year, but it is my first and so far the only tree, and I am a little anxious about eventually pruning its top and roots. If anybody has any links to info, especially videos and photos, on how to root-prune a rubber plant, I'd highly appreciate them.

Meanwhile, here is a link that may be useful for you, Hrose: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg0417334631829.html.

o

Hrose

I am in TO too (Etobicoke), I get granite (actually it's "chicken grit #2") from farm supply store (do not know of one in the city, but you find them in rural areas). Forget exact price now, maybe around $15/50lb bag. I'll be getting some more soon...
Btw, read the link recommended above, I am sure your tree would 'appreciate' some root pruning when you repot.

Rina

This post was edited by rina_ on Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 9:10

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here