Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jojosplants

OT~ Happy Birthday to Al ! ~ (tapla)

jojosplants
12 years ago

Happy Birthday Al!color>

size>

I hope you have a wonderful day today! :-)

That your brother doesn't work you too hard, good food and friends and lots of laughs!

Now I know you were hoping I'd forget, but how could I? ;-)

You've done so much and changed my life in so many ways, like so many others here, I had to take a moment to say

Thank you!size>

And wish you a good day!

I Hope others will do the same and join me!!

My many plants thank you too! And it spreads beyond Garden Web , with friends and family that appreciate all you do here to help them grow better too! They too send their well wishes!

Thank you for all you do! All the time you give, and the laughs that have been shared!

Happy, Happy Birthday!!color>

size>

Your Friend,

JJcolor>

Comments (16)

• fortyonenorth
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday, Al. I don't post here much, but I sure want to thank you for all the excellent information you have shared. It's really changed the way I approach gardening in general and container gardening especially.

Cheers!

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    12 years ago

Awww! How kind & thoughtful of you! I do genuinely enjoy sharing experiences with plant people. That I might have had a part in defining how you look at gardening is something I consider a blessing - as long as it's a positive thing from YOUR perspective, that is. The greatest blessing to come from my travels here is in the number of friends I've made over the years - there's just no way to really say how much richer I am for all the acquaintances made & friendships forged over our gardening visits. Thank you very much. ;-)

AL

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    12 years ago

Happy birthday, Al!

I hope you're doing something exciting in celebration!

Josh

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday Al! Have a wonderful and FUN day...eat a piece of Cake for me! Wish we could all share your birthday with you...you can put us all to work repotting your plants or sifting ingredients for the Gritty Mix,lol...wouldn't that have been a great B-day gift?

Enjoy your special day!

Nancy

• meyermike_1micha
    12 years ago

Al!

How about this? I would be willing to fly out there and care for your plants while you take a nice needed Carribean Cruise somewhere while you sip on a nice drink laying on the deck out in the warm sun?

A year sure does go by, doesn't it?

You have been a wonderful and instrumental and I can not thank you enough and I am so proud to know you!

This is YOUR birthday and special day. ENJOY it to the fullest our dear friend! You certainly deserve the best.

Mike:-0)

• peebee1
    12 years ago

Count me in too! I, like countless others, really appreciate your time and patient counseling to us all. You have single-handedly changed the way we are planting in pots. We are spreading the word, and one day all of America will know. And we have been honored to have been some of the first to know, and we will look back and say "I even knew the guy who started this all".
    Happy Birthday Al!!! And many many more!

Suzie

• newgen
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for all your help, Al!
    Age is nothing but a number, Happy Birthday!

• louise_shade
    12 years ago

I want to say thank you too Al for all the time you spent helping me and others ...... and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY with MANY happy returns. I can't even begin to describe what your help and encouragement has done for my ability to grow beautiful plants. In one year you helped me to go from containers and plants that were barely getting by to ones that were envied by all my friends and family. Your patient kindness and willigness to help others never ceases to amaze me. Count me as a fan for life!

BL

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

Al, I couldn't let this special day go by without telling you what a huge, positive, and wonderful impact you've had on my life... not only as my mentor, but as my friend. I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I wish you the best Birthday a person can possibly have... without getting arrested! ;-)

I'm sorry it's a little bit belated... we've been in the city most of the day!

Happy Birthday, Al! You're the Greatest! :-)

XXX's & 000's!
    Jodi

• jenn
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday, Al! Thank you for graciously answering my recent questions... ALL of them, which I'm sure have been answered here before. Hope you had a wonderful day!

• FromDirt
    12 years ago

Al,

I just wanted to stop in and say Happy Birthday! Congrats on another year. Thanks for all the advice and help you've given me in getting started in container gardening. Your articles on soils and your willingness to take the time to answer so many questions has helped me tremendously, not only in getting some container trees started, but also getting me started down the road to bonsai. Thanks again.

Adam

• suddensam
    12 years ago

Happy birthday AL, thanks for the knowledge you have shared with all of us.
    Plant em if you got em.
    Sam

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday Al!!!

Thank you for all that you do for us that are new to making this wonderful mix...

My plants are very happy due to your patience and the way you help us find the right ingredients...

Many thanks!!!

I hope you had a great day!!!

Take care everyone...

Laura in VB

• zubababy
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday!

• monet_g
    12 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday, Al.
    Thanks for everything.

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    12 years ago

Oh boy - I said thanks again this morning, earlier, but it looks like it never made it to the thread, so I'll say it again. ;-) Thank you, guys! I really appreciate how well almost all of us work together to help the folks that need help & to share our experiences with each other so we can all learn and have fun. You all make it a LOT of fun to share, and I do soo appreciate the birthday wishes. Thank you again for your kindness - I'm a pretty sentimental guy, so your expressions do mean a lot to me.

AL