Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
firemedic1721

IML Help

firemedic1721
9 years ago

Hello All,
First all thank you all for the help. I've used this site to help in alot of research when I'm looking to buy new plants.

My issue is with my IML tree. I received it about two months ago. It's about 4 feet tall and was doing well. I live in Michigan, Zone 6. Recently tho, I've been loosing the lemons that were on the tree when I got it plus some new ones that have grown since I've had it. The lemons themselves haven't gained much size and started turning yellow and falling off. Pictures to follow. The tree when indoors is on the north facing side of my house, but next to the door wall which is bright, but not full direct sun. When the days are warm and sunny I have been taking the tree out to my south facing porch which gets full sun from sunrise to about 5pm. I potted the tree using MG Citrus Potting soil, I water every 3-4 days sometimes more, using MG general plant food, using the small dose per MG (1/2 tsp per gal). It never gets the full gallon. From what I've read the MG Citrus Blend time release stuff is not suited to potted trees. Is this correct? There is never standing water in my pan and I have good drainage. The soil never seems to be soaked, I push my finger into the soil in a couple spots to check. There is little to no leaf loss. Up until this week, there has been a ton of blooms and new growth. When outside the bees are in it all the time. The tree seems to be healthy, but with the lemons dropping I'm concerned. Any help I would appreciate greatly. I will try to respond to posts and questions as soon as I can.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville