Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pine Bark Fines in Wisconsin?

Posted by therealdiehl91 5b (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 11:19

Is there anyone in the Wisconsin/Illinois area who has been able to find pine bark fines/soil conditioner/mulch? I have checked all the big stores and nothing. The closest thing I could find were mini pine nuggets at Menards which are still way to big.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pine Bark Fines in Wisconsin?

Hi I am in MA and find it in super markets -it is used a lot around here==
home depot has a lot of gardening stuff

o

As many of us know, finding pine bark can be very difficult. After searching the big box stores in my area, and finding nothing of use for containers, I located acceptable pine bark at a small, independent gardening center/nursery. A 3CF bag was about $7.00 there. Last week I located some usable Greenworld brand pine bark at a Michigan Kmart garden center. A 2CF bag of pine bark was about $3.00. I'm attaching photos for your reference of the Greenworld bark. Maybe you can find it in your area.

Most of the pine bark fits through a 1/2" screen. It contains a significant amount of fine particles so it's very good for 5-1-1. If you wish to use it for gritty mix, you will need to screen out the fine particles. The Greenworlld mulch has a fair amount of sapwood so you may have to pick out some of that as well.

Hope that helps.

TYG

o

I hope u are able to find it-- I have 2 bags of Orchid mix
that looks somewhat like your photos
Mari

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here