Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What can I do with left over Dyna-Gro Liquid Grow 7-9-5?

Posted by greentiger87 9a Houston, TX (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 12 at 13:09

The subject basically covers it. I have a bottle of Dyna-Gro "Liquid Grow" with a ratio of 7-9-5. I don't really understand why they make it.. it seemed to cause problems for every plant I tried it on. Now that I have Foliage Pro, it's just been sitting around...

Could I mix it with a high nitrogen fertilizer (like fish emulsion) and use it in the garden? I really can't think of a good use for a high phosphorus fertilizer now that I've learned more about plant nutrition. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What can I do with left over Dyna-Gro Liquid Grow 7-9-5?

Fertilizer is still fertilizer and if you have paid for it, I would use it and not worry if it is not exactly what you want. I am always buying fertilizer at estate sales for almost nothing and have never thrown any away. Al

o

that fertilizer is popular with the hydroponic folks.

interesting that you've not had good luck with it.

it doesn't take much, so perhaps my old biology professor was correct: "dilution is the solution"

o

I love it for my orchids and use it at a rate of a teaspoon to a gallon every time I water. I don't see why you can't use it on any other house plants or outdoor plants. It was developed for hydroponic use and has lots of good micro and macro ingredients.

o

Choice One Use It
Choice Two Don't Use It

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here