Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
delphinium in container

Posted by karen_tennessee (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 11 at 14:00

I just purchased medium highth blue delphinium to plant in a container. I will use it as an annual. The container I was going to use is 14" wide and 13" deep. They say you can grow anything in pots, however after googling I think I might have made a mistake. I have a larger container however it is taller and just a little wider. Should I return them or should I give them a try?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: delphinium in container

I've grown delphs in pots by default -- I never got around to planting some I started from seed. They actually bloomed very nicely and even overwintered in the pots. I think it's worth a try. If my accidental delphs did so well, just think how well your intentional ones will do!

o

Thanks Susan, I feel alot better and will try them. Thanks Karen

o

you said your pot is taller and wider....on the tv gardening shows they stress that taller keeps plants from getting their roots wet. Which is good. Some plants like wet feet but others do not.

o

I think your present container will work fine. "Wet feet" if a problem, is related to the mix used, and that is addressed abundantly on this forum. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here