Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kushy_gw

help my blueberries!! *pics*

kushy
11 years ago

hello gardenweb im having trouble with my blueberries. im quite an avid horticulturalist but this is my first experience with blueberries and they have been giving me trouble. i have 3 varieties, northcountry, chippewa, and bluecrop. bought at the end of march. all are potted in a homemade mixture of peat moss, compost, worm castings, pro mix, perlite and vermiculite. also added shredded oak/maple leaves and pine needles, and mulched with a cedar bark mulch. i was under the impression that i provided them with an optimum home nutrient and ph wise, (ph is 5) yet they dont seem to think so, and im having leaf issues. now, my harvest this year is already destroyed because of a late spring frost killing most of my flower buds. so i can now use this time to better establish the plant. i seem to be having a myriad of problems at the same time. some leaves have white/beige edges and are curling, others are turning black, and the new leaves at the top are very light green, dimpled and miscoloured. these issues only started about a week ago. before that, they were healthy in my soil mix for about a month. any help plz?

PICS: http://imgur.com/a/L8uEW#0

Here is a link that might be useful: pics

Comments (4)