Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grubex in Containers

Posted by barb_in_dc z7 DC (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 12 at 15:45

I apologize if this subject has come up before--it's been a long time since I checked in here--but I just bought a bag of Grubex to mix into new potting soil. I have long had problems with grubs in my containers and have previously tried the Milky Spore and nematodes to no avail. Last year, I bought some expensive poison and used that. This year, I want to prevent an outbreak in the first place by using the Grubex. This will only be for roses and other perennial ornamentals and not for tomato or other edibles. Anybody have any experience with this stuff?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grubex in Containers

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Thu, May 3, 12 at 16:03

If the active ingredient is Imidacloprid (broadly used), it will work. I occasionally use Imidacloprid in liquid form on my bonsai trees if I get a stubborn problem.

Al

o
RE: Grubex in Containers

Actually, the active ingredient (you made me run outside and look) is something like "Chlorantrilipole" (sp?). Still, since I already spent $20 for the bag, I'm going to go ahead and use it. Couldn't hurt; might help. I just despise finding those awful little things, chewing up the roots, in my containers. I knew I could count on you, Al. Happy B-Day from another Taurus.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here