Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenwise_gw

Aphids Are Devouring My Plants!

JenWise
10 years ago

I began noticing brown spots and edge-crinkling on many of my plants' leaves about a month ago, and soon after discovered hundreds of aphids and their offspring. I keep spraying everything with a Bonide All-Season Organic Spray Oil and water mixture, and it does the trick for a while, but new aphid families keep cropping up. They've devoured my bleeding heart, lettuce and cilantro, and I suspect they're the reason my beloved lilac bush is looking sickly. The other problem is that, despite the fact that all my plants are on the approved list for treatment with the Bonide, many of the petals and leaves become translucent and soaked with the oil then die anyway. I can't pressure spray them and let plain old water do the job because my balcony doesn't drain terribly well. Does anyone out there have a tried and true trick to getting rid of aphids? And is there an abnormally large amount of them this year? I've never had problems like this with them. They haunt my dreams! Thanks for any help.

Comments (4)