Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window box holders and/or brackets?

Posted by athenainwi z4b/5 (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 11 at 17:15

I'm not sure which forum to put this on, but figured a window box is a container so here it goes. My husband bought a 36" window box for me to put on our deck. The brackets that we bought to hold it were a miserable failure - they were difficult to attach to the deck railing and then the ends of the holders were only slightly bent so one shove would send the box off the deck onto the ground. So we bought a holder for the box from home depot (link below). We used some wood screws to secure the holder to the deck and that seems to work well. The problem is that the wire parts of the holder seem flimsy and the box bends and wobbles a bit. It works, but I'd prefer something more stable that holds the box level. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: flower box holder

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window box holders and/or brackets?

That is a pretty liteweight holder; looks more appropriate for holding just a couple pots. See the attached link. This is what I used at my daughter's apartment

Here is a link that might be useful: Railing support

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here