Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
briana_2006

Greenhouse ?

briana_2006
12 years ago

Hello All -

I am considering buying this product or one like it to overwinter some tropicals and other plants in my walk out basement.

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/flowerhouse-dream.shtml

Does anyone have experience with this product or company?

I checked out the company on Daves garden watchdog and it seems the company/product is good .. meaning no complaints against them.

My walkout unfinished basement gets a little natural sunlight but is a little too cool and dry.

I am imagining using the greenhouse to put the plants in with a small heater and a small humidifier in the greenhouse to increase heat and humidity along with a small fan for circulation. I also have a 1000 watt metal halide light that I would include.

? Would the humidifier with the fan option be compatible with the light? (i.e. water can't get on the bulb of course but with the higher humidity (~80%?) and fan for circulation I just want to make sure I'm not setting myself up for explosive bulb failure!) I also have the light vented with a fan to pull away excess heat.

I would really like to use this system to keep tropicals going over the winter months.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian