Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigpinks

New at this container stuff

bigpinks
12 years ago

Just wanted to thank whoever for all the info on this site. I am newly retired and have a nice 40x36 garden in my side yard but still wanted to learn this new method for late tomatoes, eggplants and bell peppers(used to grow these ok in soil but not lately). Had a wonderful time making the 5-1-1 stuff the past 6 weeks when I woulda been bored. I've read Stephen King all winter but needed a break. The greeters at WalMart are starting to grin when they see me coming. I have a Cherokee Purple in a big plastic tote and Bell Peppers singularly in a 6 gal bucket and a tall 8 gal trash can. I also have a Better Bush and a Bush Goliath tomato and they are starting to fruit. I've had a really good time doing all this. I also have about 80 tomato, pepper and cucumber plants setting on the patio. Raised most of the tomatoes under lights but bought the other stuff. Neighbor had a friend bring his tractor here today and he tilled my garden and enlarged it and wouldnt take but ten dollars tho I offered twenty. His help enabled me to get my Silver King corn planted and I am in a good mood and had to tell someone. Happy planting, growing and picking....see ya