Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for 30" Plant Saucers

Posted by awestruck (My Page) on
Thu, May 1, 14 at 19:30

I am growing my plants in Smart Pots on our balcony and am looking for saucers to fit under the pots. I ordered a 24" one thinking it would fit under the 20 gallon fabric pots, but it was way too small, so I used it under a 10 gallon pot. I still need to find a bigger saucer to go under the 20 gallon pots. Does anyone know where I can get 30" plant saucers, or, is there a better idea that I can use to put under the pots that will protect the floor of the balcony from being continually moist? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for 30" Plant Saucers

Try aluminum pans or plastic bowls from $1 store, or some other kind of cooking ware.

I have also seen people using styrofoam lids or containers that might fit. Another idea might be some kind of plastic that goes around the outside, then tie it up to the bag to keep it from falling, but also need to be cautious about the heat build-up.

o
RE: Looking for 30" Plant Saucers

Thanks so much!!! I knew it couldn't be that complicated, but I had not seen this done anywhere, nor did I think about it before I started planting the pots on the balcony! Thanks again! I'll try the dollar stores too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here