Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
this bark look ok ?

Posted by bitzppa 11 (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 20:49

what do people think about this bark ? 5.1.1 and gritty.

coin is 23mm diameter.

photo BARKTP.jpg

BZ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: this bark look ok ?

Looks about like the right size to me. Lots of wood chips though.

It kind of looks like it might be slightly composted, that might just be because it's wet though. If it's not very broken down it's probably perfect for 111, otherwise I'm guessing it's still fine for 511 (which I've never made/used).

Any idea what kind of trees it comes from?

o

hi hexalm

its pine bark and yes its wet been raining here.

sap wood about 1% not an issue.

it looks fine to me but was wanting a confirmation from those that know more than me :)

BZ

o

What kind of a coin is that? Quarter? I'm not very keen on metrics, but I did the conversion and the bark seems to be nicely sized. Looks better than the fir bark that I'm using this year, in fact. And less sapwood, too.

Good score :-)

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here