Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beeries doing well so far............

Posted by prestons_garden 9B SZ 22 HZ 6 SoC (My Page) on
Thu, May 5, 11 at 21:51

Finally getting closer to the yields I desire, though it did not come easy.

Sunshine Blueberry pH-4.6 using elemental sulfur. It has been 3 months and still a very stable pH.

Photobucket

Boysenberry which always brings a smile, yum. Growing in a 18-Gal container on 6 canes.

Photobucket

Triplecrown Blackberry also in a 18-Gal container with 2 canes. A slower starter than the next door neighbor boysenberry.

Photobucket

All plants pictured above use organic fertilizers, such as fish and kelp in a liquid form.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beeries doing well so far............

An updated report:

Time to start picking.......

Photobucket

A decent size Boysenberry using a new organic fertilizer

Photobucket

Triple Crown Blackberry

Photobucket

Blueberries still growing strong

Photobucket

The Tomato plant just had to get in one of the shots

Photobucket

Again folks, you can grow 100% organics in containers. No synthetic fertilizers used in any of the plants pictured above. Why go through all the trouble to figure out a way to make it work with 100% organics? The answer is simple. I want the best tasting fruit, highest yields and something safe for my family to eat.

Ron

o
RE: Beeries doing well so far............

MMMMMMMMMM...Beeries! (Sorry Ron, your typo made me grin, and then I got thirsty; unfortunately, I'm at work. :-( )

Your plants look very healthy and it looks as if you will be getting a great crop of fruit. I am hoping to grow some blueberry bushes in containers here in Colorado - the alkaline soil here is a no-go for planting blueberries in the ground - so your experience is encouraging. Of course, I will have the added problem of figuring out how to overwinter the plants, but I am sure I will manage.

Holly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here