Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
511 questions

Posted by krismast 6 S.E. PA (My Page) on
Wed, May 29, 13 at 22:12

Hi! I have a few plants coming tomorrow that I would like to try planting in 511 mix. My questions are:

Do I need to add lime if I will be using Foliage Pro?

Do I need to sift my bark? I am using a Pine soil conditioner. This is what my bark looks like after its been sifted.
 photo IMG_3085.jpg

I have a bag of Fafard F-15 growing mix that is mostly peat moss with a little perlite. Can I substitute this directly for the peat in the 511 mix?

Thanks for all your help!

Kristopher

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 511 questions

Yes, regardless of how you feed, the lime is still recommended to raise the pH of the mix. The bark looks good sifted. I'm curious what the unsifted bark looks like. Sure you can use the Fafard mix as a sub.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here