Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Use Soil Syrup and never have to repot?

Posted by cottagegardenlover 9b (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 6:18

I have a disability and if this is really true it would be a great help to me!

Has anyone used the Soil Syrup from Algoflash?

It's a humic acid complex which advertises:

"With SoilSyrup, there's no need to go through the hassle and mess of changing potting soil, simply add SoilSyrup every time you water for healthier soil. It's that easy!"

Can this really be true?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Use Soil Syrup and never have to repot?

thinking not....

o

• Posted by nil13 z21 Mt. Washington L (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 11:38

no way.

If you want to avoid repotting as much as possible, go with a 'to waste' hydroponic medium.

o

Not possible...
the only way to avoid re-potting is to have somewhere for the roots to continue their expansion.

Josh

o

Okay,
So I posted another thread asking about Pot Lickers made by Rootmakers which you use to line your pots. They trap the root and force it to grow lateral shoots so that you don't have to root prune anymore.

If I used the gritty mix, added this soil syrup and used the Pot Lickers would it cut down or eliminate my need to repot?

Again, I'm disabled so I'm looking for less labor-intensive alternatives.

o

No, not a chance, unfortunately.
As a plant grows, the interior large woody roots need to be selectively removed to allow for new root-hairs to grow. Tip-pruning roots won't accomplish that properly. Anyone who tries to convince you otherwise is trying to sell you something.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here