Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Florida Weave or Stake

Posted by chilliwin 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 8:40

My plants have grown very well and started having problems of strong wind. All the supperhot plants with big leaves cannot stand against the wind. I was thinking to use stake but few new shoots have to be cut off so looking for alternative means. Florida Weave also a bit problematic for me because I move around my plants. Use cages may be a good idea for the plants but it would hurt a lot to my wallet
:-). I do not like to use strange odd looking things too :-) I like something very natural. Today I started something new:

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend Yellow St01 photo IMG_2297_zps1264bc24.jpg

I surrounded the stem by stones, inner circle is small granite and outer circle is bigger stones. Partially the problem has been solved but the containers are now heavy.

For the future what can I do when I started from the seeds, avoiding planting very swallow or cut off the new shoots and put more soil? No! Now I am looking for the simple, easiest and cheapest things to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Caelian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Florida Weave or Stake

New idea coming up :-) how about bicycle inner tube feeling with heavy materials and circle the stem :-). Now I tried this one, two polythene plastic bags filled with water, it's better than the stones in smaller containers:
Trinidad 7Pod Brain Strain 03 photo IMG_2300_zps3ea1c227.jpg

Possible problem is partially blocking the air.

Caelian

This post was edited by chilliwin on Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 10:30

o
RE: Florida Weave or Stake

Solution found and this thread has been closed by the poster
:-)

Caelian

Grow with passion :-)

This post was edited by chilliwin on Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 12:28

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here