Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Today's Visitor~ Share whats happening in your garden~ :-)

Posted by jojosplants Az. z. 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 11 at 8:53

The first of my son's sunflowers have bloomed! :-) This one is called Jr. Hybrid, and it only grows to be 18" tall! I love it and the flower is about 1 1/2" across. As soon as it opened, we had a visitor. :-)

Please join me and share what's happening in your garden.
Pets, family and friends are always welcome too . :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

JoJo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today's Visitor~ Share whats happening in your garden~ :-)

Total noob to the forum and gardening in general. Love the sight!

Here are a few of my container garden; mostly SWCs...

Sugar Baby watermelon in 5 gallon SWC. Planted approximately 3 weeks ago. It has probably tripled in size.
Photobucket

Okra in an 18 gallon SWC. Planted from seed approximately 5 weeks ago. Lost one of the seedlings to a bird, so now left with 7 plants :(
Photobucket

Cayenne pepper in 5 gallon SWC. Planted approximately 2 months ago. Plant has tripled in size. 4 little peppers on there at the moment.
Photobucket

Atkinson tomato in 5 gallon SWC. Planted approximately 2 months ago. This thing has exploded. Currently 5 fruits, 3 of which are visible. Tons of flowers.
Photobucket

These 3 tomatoes are in standard containers. Planted approximately 3 months ago and are coming along nicely now that we have quit overwatering them. From left to right: Better Bush, Beefmaster, Black Krim. 4 fruits on the Better Bush, Lots of flowers on the Beefmaster but no fruit yet. A few flowers on the Krim, no fruit.
Photobucket

Roma tomato in 5 gallon SWC. Planted approximately 3 weeks ago as a ROUGH looking transplant. Lots of new growth since then though and I have pruned the ugliness. It's growing a little crooked but oh well...
Photobucket

A couple of herbs in a 5 gallon SWC. Planted 2 weeks ago. Basil and Cilantro.
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here