Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Pictures for my friends here! containers 51.1. and sm santuary

meyermike_1micha
12 years ago

I made a deal with my neighbor up the street!

I asked him if I could use part if his yard in exchange for his sunny side of his home, and he agreed! I started these tomatoes 3 weeks ago and look how they have BLOSSOMED in the 5.1.1 mix with lime and fed with Foliage Pro only! Much fruit already starting to develop.

I also built my mother a sanctuary by adding a pond. What do you suppose found it's way to it? It is the first time I have seen one of these since I was a kid 20 years ago!

Enjoy

{{gwi:35087}}

{{gwi:35088}}

{{gwi:35090}}

{{gwi:35091}}

{{gwi:35092}}

{{gwi:35093}}

{{gwi:35094}}

{{gwi:35095}}

Pluemria finally starting to make bloom that Laura will definately appreciate! Now if I could just get them to bloom by summers end.

{{gwi:35096}}

{{gwi:35097}}

Others that may look familiar to some of you I thank. I wish my DR from Laura had live:-( I will take more later!

{{gwi:35098}}

Jojo: A couple of cactus I thought you might be proud of me for getting through the winter starting to bloom!

{{gwi:35099}}

{{gwi:35100}}

{{gwi:35101}}

{{gwi:35103}}

Going into the small part the yard I fixed for my mom that I am still working on. Just have to lay down pea stone and sod. You know, OCD.lol

Another pond for tadpoles I am starting

Comments (13)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    12 years ago

Mike, your sanctuary is gorgeous!!! I think I'll go live there with the frogs.
    (I got your e-mail, but I had to come here immediately before I could even finish reading it!)
    The pond came out great, and I think those Sanseveria on the edge look just about perfect!
    The black Elephant Ears(?) are awesome. There's almost too much to comment on! ;-)

The tomatoes are lush and thick, even further along than mine.
    All the healthy Jades and the Hoya (which should be blooming for you soon) are great.
    The Trident Maple is putting on tons of growth, too. We'll talk about how to prune it down.
    And if you want more Trident Maples, you can always root the cuttings. It's very easy.

Oh, and about that frog....are those bullfrogs that you're raising?!?! O.O

Josh

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone...

Mike,

I cant believe how healthy your Tomato plants look!!!

You have done a wonderful job on all of your plants and trees!!

Congratulations on those fine looking inflos...which variety are they? They look like healthy trees...WAY TO GO!!!!

What a great job on your pond.. I bet it sounds wonderful!!Even the bullfrog cant stay away from a good thing!! That may be the best compliment you could ever ask for!! LOL

All of your C & S look amazing as well!!

Thanks for the wonderful tour of your yard and the great tropical retreat for your mom. I know she is very proud of what you have done...Nice Job!!!

Take care...

Laura in VB

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Aw..Thank you everyone!

I have been under the weather lately and finally got enough drive to take a few shots. I was going to take more, but my energies fell apart!

I really appreciate the visit and sharing my plants with the only ones I know that care enough to share with me.

If I could grow my plants like you all, I would be even more happier. I have seen your peppers Josh and your plumies Laura and they are enough to spin my head in amazement!

I have also seen your Tropical Retreat Laura, and I must say that my pet frog would probably get an upgrade from his surroundings. And Josh, any frog would love to sleep on a nice thick piece of carpeting, oh, moss for sure!
    I do have to say that I am the only place in my town with water for the local frogs to escape to, so I hope they keep on coming.lol

Thanks again my good friends! If it were not for all of you and this forum, I don't think I would of had much to share.:-)

Mom says hello to you!

Mike

12 years ago

Hello!
    So, Mike, is that a bullfrog?

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey Josh!

That is what I have been told! Have you ever seen a friendly one though? It actually will hop onto my finger and stay there until I move it along!

It stares at me as if it is thanking me for all I do...lol

Today, he jumped about 2 feet from one lilly pad to another. I am starting to have a fondness for it..Sounds crazy right? I look forward to seeing it when I get home each day, and before I leave for work..lolol

I my other pond I have tons of tadpoles. I wonder how long it takes for an average tadpole to turn into a frog?

Who needs a Koi now?

By the way, we are finally getting some much needed deep watering rain, not just a brief shower in which the roots of my plants do not benefit at all. Yahoo!

Chat with you soon:-)

Mike

• filix
    12 years ago

I am starting to have a fondness for it..Sounds crazy right? Not to me. I took one to the Prom. :)

Mike your tomatoes look great! Mine look like trash.:( Filix.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Felix!!lololol Did it turn into something pretty after your kiss?lolol

Did you here about the man that went into the doctors office with the frog on his head?

The Doctors asked him.."How long have you had this problem?"

The Frog said.."It all started with a wart on my rear end"...lol

Mike

12 years ago

Hahaha....good one, Mike!

Bullfrogs....they grow huge! They're the size of Guinea pigs out here ;-)

Josh

• jojosplants
    12 years ago

Mike!
    Everything looks wonderful!!
    I'm so happy for you that the cactus are going to bloom! The rainbow is such a bright, beautiful flower! The plants look great. And the other, which I'm blank on the name at the moment..lol.. looks like it has a ton of buds! Wow! cant wait to see the blooms!

The pond is beautiful ! It looks like it's been there forever, with all the plants around it!
    What a cute little visitor! :=) gotta love them! We haven't seen any toads yet.

No bullfrogs around here... but we do have the Colorado River toad that gets Huge!

Now, why is the chair in the greenhouse empty? Were waiting for a picture of you and mom! You don't have to post mom here if she's shy, but you could email it to a few of us. ;-)

Thanks for posting these! It's all so great!

JoJo

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    12 years ago

Great job, Mike - as usual. It's been fun to watch your skills grow right alongside your plants.

{{gwi:4771}}

Al

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    12 years ago

mike

did you get a new greenhouse? great photos!

Mike

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

Mike, everything looks so green and healthy and inviting! I'd love to visit and just sit by the pond... how relaxing!

You've done an excellent job putting together a lovely little escape for yourself, and for Mom... you should be very proud of your efforts! :-)

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

• ditnc
    12 years ago

Very very nice! I especially love the pond - it's beautiful.