Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long do I depend on the fertilizer strip?

Posted by Athenian USDA 10b /Sunset 22 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 11:03

It's been just over 7 weeks since I put out my Earthtainers. The cucumber plants are doing fairly well (albeit with a few yellowing leaves) and one of the vines has already climbed out of the second story of the cage.
Japanese Cucumbers

My pepper plants seem to be thriving as well... although no fruit has set yet.

How long I should depend on the fertilizer that was placed in the container when I planted them? Should I be supplementing that with something in the water resevoir soon?

Thanks

Athena

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long do I depend on the fertilizer strip?

depending on the fertilizer you used and the amount. also if it was done in a strip. should last the full season.

o

Agree with Terrybull. But I also think you should harvest the big cucumber. If you let it set seeds, the plant will start to shut down.

o

• Posted by Athenian USDA 10b /Sunset 22 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 16:48

Okay, I picked the big cucumber and another hidden one this morning. I was waiting because I had a store-bought (no more this year) cucumber to finish off. I'll get the second one in the photo in a day or two.

...And I'll stop worrying about fertilizing the container.

Thanks.

Athena

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here