Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
squash leaves turning yellow.

Posted by kell0521 none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 2, 11 at 17:08

I am growing squash in a container and in the ground. The plants in the ground are doing really well, they have bloomed and have several baby squash that have recently started growing. The plant in the container is not looking so hot. I used the same soil for all of the plants so I don't know what the problem is. The plants in the container are turning yellow and brown on the edge of the leaves. Any advice would be appreciated!

Here is a link to a picture on my plant
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63626899@N02/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: squash leaves turning yellow.

Over-watering of squash plants will cause the leaves to display the exact symptoms described in your post. Especially if the drainage characteristics of the container media is less than ideal....

EG

o

I vote for overwatering as well... you can't really use the same soil for in ground as in container.

o

We are having the same problem with squash leaves turning yellow. Planted in a half wine barrel. Getting drip irrigation one gallon of water every other day. Sonoma County California 90 degree days with low humidity and 50 degree nights.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here