Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thesunroomgardener

Sun Room Container Gardening

TheSunRoomGardener
11 years ago

Hey everyone! I'm new to the site and pretty new to gardening, but I love having a sunroom and I've gone completely insane with plants!

With that being said I have a few questions about the best way to care for some of the plants that I have. I've posted a few pics so you guys can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

My first question is about jalapeno peppers. I started six from seed and they are growing really nicely right now. My only concern is that when they get older and bigger, they will not like being in the long pot that I have them all in (see pic) and will be hard to repot because all their roots will be growing into each other. Should I repot them now, or will they do fine where they are?

I also have a dwarf meyer lemon tree that I ordered online. It's grown quite a bit since I bought it, but some if its leaves are kinda yellow and a few have holes in them ( I also put pics of this up). Any idea what this could be? Also, is it essential that I fertilize it and if so, what type of fertilizer should I use?

The other two plants that I put pics of are two more exotic plants that I ordered online. The tall one in the black pot is an Angels Trumpet and the one in the white ceramic pot is a princess flower. If anyone has any tips on how to keep these happy and possibly bloom faster, I'd appreciate the help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant pics

Comments (4)