Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bell peppers in container-Black Spots

Posted by bellabean 10b (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 18:47

I have potted bell peppers that are doing well until two days ago. They started having black spots on a few leaves. I've included a pic. I do have about 5 or 6 softball size peppers ready to harvest and plants are about 36" tall and fruit bearing, additionally new flowers with small fruit begining to grow.

All of my plants are in containers. I am ultra newbie as far as lingo but just do what works for me. This is new so would appreciate your help. I am in zone 10b. Thank you in advance.

Water- Daily on drip
Fertizier-weekly MG Granules in water
Inceticidal Soap- every 7-10 days
Soil is part MG potting soil, part Garden Soil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bell peppers in container-Black Spots

Zone 10 is a little out of my league, but if I had any concern about the future health of large peppers, I would probably harvest them a little early just to be safe. To me the plants look good.....can't really see the spots you're talking about.

o
RE: Bell peppers in container-Black Spots

What black spots?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here