Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tiffy_z5_6_can

Worm Castings tea and foliar spray query...

tiffy_z5_6_can
12 years ago

I am new to container gardening but not to gardening. Early this past spring I had to leave my extensive gardens due to life throwing me a curve ball.

I was able to return and retrieve a few treasures, some which are being kept by friends in their gardens. I did bring with me some Asclepias Incarnata and Tuberosa to place on my teeny balcony. My passion is raising Monarchs... I am also tending to some Verbenas and Lantanas as well as a Buddleia.

A friend gave me a bucket full of worm castings. I saw a posting here a while back about using it for foliar spray and tea. Anyone have details or should I just swing it?

Also, I've sucked in the past at container gardening but so far so good. The only thing I see that concerns me slightly is a little lighter pigment in the leaves of the Buddleia and Incarnata - not the whole leaf but edges of the Buddleia and 'speckling' in the inner leaf of the Incarnata. Any thoughts?

I have not applied any fertilizers yet although part of my mix had a bit of granular fertilizer.

Thanks for your help.

Comment (1)