Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilet Organization for Plants

Posted by johnnybig none (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 30, 13 at 20:45

ATTN SMART PLANT PEOPLE:
We are looking for something like this but that would be sturdy enough to hold plant on (some of the plants are heavy) Does anyone know of anything like this? Hoping we can find something this width as we are working with a small space. Any Ideas? We are new to indoor gardening.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilet Organization for Plants

I use wire shelving units. They come in different lengths and heights and you can hang lighting fixtures on them.

Here is a link that might be useful: This might work

o
RE: Toilet Organization for Plants

Are you looking for something specifically to fit over a toilet?

I use the Gorm series wooden shelving system (see link below) for my plants, but not over a toilet. They are nice and sturdy; each shelf has a 77-lb weight capacity. The width is 30 3/4" and they come in different shelf depths. That might be a little wide for your space but don't know.

I actually took the one with deeper shelves, cut it off at waist height and made the bottom part into a potting bench and then took the leftover top 2 shelves and made them into little benches for my plants out on my patio. They hold up to the weight of the pots very well. My daughter stained it with a redwood deck stain/sealer and it looks great. If you are looking for something specifically over a toilet, you could possibly do the opposite, leave off the bottom shelf and move the other 2 or 3 up over the toilet. You'd still want to use the brace in the back to support the legs, since it wouldn't have the support from the shelves and if used in a bathroom, definitely would want to seal it to protect the wood.

Hope that helps

Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: Wooden shelving from Ikea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here