Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zeldafitzg

garden blog update

zeldafitzg
17 years ago

hi. hope everyone's season is going well--and free of slugs!

I've update my blog chronicling my continuing efforts with my rooftop container garden in brooklyn, ny.

stop by if you like!

mimi

http://leanandgreen.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Lean & Green

Comments (5)

• cave76
    17 years ago

Loved your pics! And just what, pray tell, is wrong with unruly and crazy?? LOL

• zeldafitzg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ha,ha. I know, but things are about to get REALLY out of control. thank for coming by!

m

• jenny_in_se_pa
    17 years ago

Beautiful rooftop garden! And I love the use of that canopy! I expect that is better and gives more coverage than the usual patio umbrella sets! You have to give a rundown on what all is out there (as if I have any room left...lol).

• zeldafitzg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thanks jenny!

yes, the tent was $30 on sale a Target, and does provide much more shelter than umbrellas. also a sense of a "garden room" room without being too boxed in.

a list of what's there, off the top of my head:

a couple clematis
    lillies
    coreopsis
    monarda
    snaps
    pansies
    groundcover roses
    peony
    salvia
    cosmos
    impatients
    those coracopa petunias or whatever they are
    magilla perilla
    magilla vanilla
    campanula
    alyssum
    bishop's monk (?)
    day lillies
    purple robe
    white veronica
    lillac
    lobelia
    mint
    basil
    cilantro
    nasturtims
    hydrangea
    silver falls
    lantana
    a clover of some kind
    echinacea
    columbine
    coleus
    morning glories
    a burning bush plant
    dianthus
    bleeding heart
    cousa dogwood

um, there's more, but I'll stop. hoo boy, I have to check my self into rehab...

but thanks for letting me share!

m

• jenny_in_se_pa
    17 years ago

Thanks for the list and good timing for finding a great buy at Target! Is your Kousa of blooming age? One of my sisters has one in her front yard and my other sister and I sortof chuckle because she yearly complains that it was the wrong dogwood that her landscaper planted (she wanted a pink Cornus florida and not a white Cornus kousa). Still, they are just as dramatic, but in their season.

And many of us will have to join you at rehab - we'll make it a group session! LOL I haven't even begun to do an inventory of what I have (alot of new things this year) but I think I should try one of these days just to get a handle on it. :-o

:-p