Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zahzeen

Winter sowing containers

zahzeen
14 years ago

I'm relatively new at this and will be trying winter sowing for the first time this year. I know I can use 2 liter soda bottles, milk jugs, etc. but I was wondering if anyone has experience winter sowing in the container they intend to grow the seeds in the following spring/summer. I have several hanging basket plastic containers. Can I just sow them with the various annuals (assumed they are eligble to be winter sowed) that I want in the containers for 2010? If so, any suggestions as to what to use to cover them - can I just use plastic wrap secured in place? I'm also planning on winter sowing some vegetables and wonder if anyone has done this using their earth boxes. I leave them out in the winter anyway and would love to be able to use them to winter sow some spring vegetables. If I can use the earthbox, is the cover that comes with it sufficient to use? Thanks very much. This is probably a little early but I've made so many mistakes so far, I want to get a jump on buying (and then sowing) seeds for containers to winter sow.

Comments (5)