Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Starting a container garden!

Posted by MarcusAllan none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 7, 14 at 3:01

Hey all, I am brand new to this forum, but have had a green thumb for decades. I finally moved back to Houston recently, and want to rekindle my Hill Country upbringing by creating four container gardens in my large, unused space In my back yard. This space is roughly 400 square feet and partly shaded by an oak and China berry tree, which i recently had pruned. Here are my ideas. Please, help me and correct me if i am wrong. I live in the Copperfield area, if that helps regarding weather patterns. I would like to build a container to house herbs. One to house vegetables. One to house melons and a final one to house or be a butterfly, hummingbird, bumble bee garden. The dimensions are to be 3 feet tall (. 2 ft container, one foot legs) , two feet wide, and eight feet long. Quarter inch holes drilled randomly in the bottom. That's my vision. So, new gardening friends, what do i plant In Houston, successfully, and what should I NOT waste my time pursuing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Starting a container garden!

Welcome Marcus, I have no advice for you, I just wanted to let you know there is a separate forum for Texas if you wanted to post over there. When you go to the main garden page scroll down to the T's...... :>)
Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here