Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can I? and how to protect plants

Posted by margowicz 8/9 UK (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 9:39

I am looking to grow chillies with the 511 mix but foe the life of me cannot find pine bark fines for cheap I got it in one place (well someone here did) but the problem with that is they are looking £100+ for postage but I know where there are pine trees if there are alternatives can someone please tell me one lime can I use any other bark I would try with decrative bark but I tried that killed a load of herbs I had

so I was wondering would it be ok to go and use this bark? if it is do I have leave it to break down/rot a little bit and should I add anything to it to help e.g lime.

I am also herb gardening at the minute so I am wonder how would I protect these from frost I got things like oregano rosemarys bay tarragon.

I was going to use hortraclutre fleece but do not know if it will be ok to wrap the pots in this.

any help be much much appracited as this my first year do this and thank you in advance

This post was edited by margowicz on Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 14:23

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can I? and how to protect plants

/i guess it was a big thank you for ignoring this a big thanks for hand I got here............

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here