Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In the Heat of July...

Posted by jodik (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 11:36

We usually see the best of blooms during May or June... and as the heat of summer gathers and the insects mature, our gardens tend to slow down a bit and get a little bug-nibbled at the edges. But not all blooming is over, and some plants are just beginning to come into their beauty!

I just wanted to share a few photos of what's blooming in my garden... enjoy!

Gorgeous just isn't the word for this Daylily!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at the size of the flower heads on "Hot Papaya" Echinacea!
Photobucket

Lilies are in bloom now, too!
Photobucket

My internet is moving at a snail's pace, so instead of inserting a whole plethora of photographs, I'll include the link to my photo album so you can peruse them all at your leisure. Thanks for looking... and enjoy the album!

Happy Gardening! :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: My 2011 Photo Album

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In the Heat of July...

I enjoyed your album, Jodie. Would like to have had captions with the plant names. Is that possible? Al

o

Jodi! Magnificent!

Funny, while I was looking at them, I was thinking the same thing as Al:-)

Look at that beauty up above! Of course you know I have a fetish for Lilies..lol
Look at that double peach one. I must say that you certainly have a gift in growing so many different variety of plants, indoors and out.
Bravo!

Thank you for another enjoyable experience.

Mike

o

You're most welcome! I'm glad to share! :-)

I wish I had names for every plant that we include in the gardens, but many are gained through lost tag sales, or have had tags fade or become lost over time. I'd dearly love to have permanent metal tags for each plant, but the cost of such a project is prohibitive.

The Lily is a newer variety, an Oriental, I believe... possibly Casa Blanca? The Daylily might be more difficult to track down as there are so many named varieties out there!

I have so many plants, and I take so many pictures, I simply can't keep track of it all. The roses are much easier to name... we keep a listing of what we've planted, and even without a tag, we can usually name it when in bloom.

I'll see if I can locate a name for that Daylily... as I recall, that one arrived a couple of years ago... that's about the time I remember digging and preparing the sidewalk beds... I'll see what I can find out.

o

Vibrant colors, Jodi!
All my lilies are heat-battered and bedraggled....

Josh

o

me too josh. out lilies bit the dust weeks ago. only thing in bloom now are the canna and crape myrtles.

7 of the past 10 days high was 100 degrees or more and this week is forcasted highs are all above 100. Yesteday was 106.

We also havent had any rain in over 2 weeks and parts of the state havent had any in months. My container plants are getting water 2-3 times a day.

mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here