Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
btbarbara

What's this on my cucumbers??

btbarbara
12 years ago

I have three picklebush and 2 burpless bush hybrids sharing an 18-gal tub with a wire teepee and another picklebush alone in a small tub. I think they're doing fine...I've picked 10 cukes in the last couple of days and there are tons of male and female flowers and lots of bees. I mentioned the other day that there are also TONS of tiny ants but I've just been ignoring those.

I've noticed that the undersides of the leaves have these little spots though and I'm not sure what it is.

{{gwi:41583}}

I've also noticed what I assume is some kind of poop on some of the leaves and flowers:

{{gwi:41584}}

The one that's in the little pot by itself seems to have something chewing on the leaves just a little (ironically, this one doesn't have the spots on the leaves or the poop) and lots of the little female flowers and baby cukes seem to be drying up. I had attributed that to the fact that vines are just hanging there and it's harder for the bees to get in there to the flowers but now I'm not sure.

{{gwi:41585}}

The big one looks healthy but now I'm wondering

{{gwi:41586}}

There are some kind of beetles but I haven't been able to match them to any pics online and of course, I couldn't get a clear pic when I was out there just now. I'm not sure if they're good or bad. They're kind of flat and shaped like a pentagon but not distinctive markings.

Any thoughts? Should I leave well enough alone or do I need to do something before things get bad?

Comments (3)