Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weirdflowers

possible nutrient problem

weirdflowers
11 years ago

Hi all-

This year, I tried a soil-less mix for my plants. I modified the 5-1-1 to 5 parts sifted pine bark, 1 part pine bark fines, 1.5 parts pea gravel, and I added dolomite to the mix. I water every three days or so with Miracle-Gro 24-8-16 with about 1/4 tsp to a gallon of tap water. Everything seemed to be going fine, but within the past couple of weeks I've started noticing problems.

This is an Amorphophallus konjac 'Gordon's Gold', a variety with an unusually light leaf. There's some blotchiness on the leaf, and a couple of the tips aren't looking so good.

{{gwi:42030}}

Amorphophallus myosuroides. The dead part of the leaf on the left turned dark and translucent before it shriveled up like that, and I've seen a little bit of that on some of my other plants as well.

{{gwi:42031}}

This last one is another konjac showing some of the blotchiness I mentioned above. I've noticed this on several other plants as well.

{{gwi:42032}}

So....I've looked at some resources on nutrient deficiency and my best guess is a manganese issue, but if anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.