Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drawf blueberry bush.

Posted by Suzy11 Central PA (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 14:46

Hi Remember me? I was wondering can you use a water globe when you are not home with a blueberry bush? How about a self watering pot? Are they very suseptable to root rot? When repotting, it was recomended that I use a 16 or more in. pot. My bush is in 10 in now. Should I go to 12 and work my way up or just use 18? I bought 18 but maybe can return it. A nursey person here told me that if the pot is to large the plant will get to much oxogen and not minerals.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drawf blueberry bush.

• Posted by Drew51 5b/6a SE MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 21:59

With blueberries using too large a pot is usually not much of an issue. With other plants it can be, and should not be done. It's Ok with blueberries.
No, they don't like to be wet, like it very moist all the time, root rot though is rare in blueberries. Still best to dry out between watering, not super dry, just dry. But for a week while on vacation the plant should be fine. I myself hire the local teenager who cuts grass to water my plants.

o
RE: drawf blueberry bush.

Super! You gave me great advice. Thanks very much! Huge help

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here