Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Timbersil (pressure treated wood alt)

Posted by sf_rhino (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 17:06

Timbersil--Non-toxic pressure treated wood alternative (glass impregnated wood). Anyone used this stuff? It sounds promising but I've been reading up and it seems like Timbersil has some quality issues. If anyone has used it, I'd appreciate a first-hand opinion.

I'm planning on building a wood box/retaining wall for some fruit trees on a steep slope and want to use something non/less toxic. Any recommendations?

ryan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Timbersil (pressure treated wood alt)

• Posted by Drew51 5b/6a SE MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 17:16

I like pressure treated wood myself. With my stone fruits I spray copper directly on them. So the fact copper is in the wood is no concern to me. Arsenate has not been used in treated wood for 11 years. Cedar is another alternative.

o

Sounds like that ship is sinking according to this article:

Here is a link that might be useful: timbersil problems

o

• Posted by Drew51 5b/6a SE MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 7:38

Timbersill sounds like a company our government would invest in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here