Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vertically Challenged

Posted by lindasewandsew So Cal 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 20:21

My friend Edna gave me these plastic terra cotta color lawn edgings. They're turned upside down, fastened with wire to a metal rack and planted with sedum starts. The letters are cut from license plates and attached with small metal screws to an old metal sign that's painted black and splattered with terra cotta color paint. It's 60 inches tall and 18 inches wide. Of course, the soil mix if from Al's recipe. The plants seem to love that soil. Thanks again Al. The most surprising part is that it's actually finished, lol. Linda

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vertically Challenged

Looks really nice! How are you watering? By hand?

o

Thanks howelbama. I have no grass in the yard, just some flower beds and containers, and water everything by hand. Most plants in the yard are drought tolerant and need no water, so it's not too difficult. Linda

o

that is a great idea, my wife will like that. What brand are those edgings? i tried searching for them on lowe's and home depot web sites but no luck

o

Thanks, littleluey. Those edgings may be old and no longer manufactured, but we can't know for sure. Edna found a lot of them at a yard sale. I found 4 at a thrift store but have never seen them anywhere else. Here's a photo of some in her yard. The tops of mine are rounded off with a razor blade. They look ok either way. There are some that look like bricks and rocks that could probably have one side cut off to achieve the same idea. Everything's an experiment, lol. Linda

Photobucket

o

you are right Linda, thanks for the idea anyway. I will keep my eyes open for those. I went to Lowe's and i saw the brick ones you mentioned but find them too shallow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here