Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alpeldunas

Can someone tell me what this is on my tomato leaves?

alpeldunas
10 years ago

I posted in the gardening tomatoes forum, but haven't gotten any replies yet. I would like to know what I'm dealing with before I leave for vacation on Sunday. If this tomato needs to be removed, I would like to do it ASAP before it spreads to my other plants. If it's something that can be managed with copper spray and pruning, that would be good news.

A couple days ago, I noticed it looked like some of the leaves of my tomato plants were turning black in places. Upon further inspection, there are many black specks comprising the black areas. I sprayed with copper yesterday (as I have been, but the rain isn't helping that) and this morning, the black has spread and looks much worse. I also see some brownish, dry looking spots that I think are septoria, but a good portion of the leaves have the black specks on them and it's getting worse. So far, I haven't noticed anything on my other plants, save a couple leaves with just a few tiny specks that I suppose I should remove.

I think this is bacterial speck and maybe some septoria as well, but I'm worried it could be TSWV. My cooperative extension office can't help. The plant guy is on vacation until next week and VA Tech's lab is closed until August. I'm hoping someone here can give me some info.

Comments (6)