Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milocrab_gw

Using compost tea as well as Foliage Pro?

milocrab
12 years ago

Hello everyone. I posted a while back about my plans to grow vegetables organically indoor in containers. After much reading now, I think I might have to ditch the idea and go with Al's recommended Foliage-Pro 9-3-6 instead. Another reason that lead me to abandone the "organic" theme is because my first harvest of vermicompost contains LOTS of mites. I just can't get past myself to add the mites into my (future) indoor plants - please note I haven't started anything yet, still in the planning stage.

I live in an apartment and do not have the luxury of a garden; and since I have already started a vermicomposting bin, I was wondering if there is anyway that I can make use of the stuff? I'm not going to add the vermicompost into my potting mix - which consists of 3 parts coconut husk chips, 3 parts perlite, 3 parts baked akadama, and 1 part peat. Is there any benefit if I make aerated vermicompost tea and use it once a week maybe? The rest of the times I will use VERY diluted foliage pro 9-3-6 to water. Can the 2 be used together? Another question is, do I still need to add gypsum and epsom salts since I have coconut husk chips in my mix? Thank you.

Comment (1)