Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eggplant blossom issues

Posted by ejh805 8b (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 9, 12 at 10:12

I'm having a problem with my white eggplants and I can't seem to find any really helpful information. I've been hand-pollinating, and I'm seeing flowers fall off , but it's only the petals and the stamen parts. The stigma is staying on the stem.

All the things I've seen and read about "flower drop", it looks like the entirety of the flower is falling off the plant. I'm really new to this and I'm having trouble telling if my hand-pollination with a paintbrush is working, or if I need to start looking for solutions to this issue.

Thank you in advance,
Emily

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eggplant blossom issues

On my eggplants the purple petal part comes off with the yellow stamen part, but the bottom of the flower, which I assume is the ovary part, swells up into the eggplant where the seeds eventually are.

o
RE: Eggplant blossom issues

Aseedisapromise-

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here