Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strawberry plant invasion?

Posted by kissingfrgos2003 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 21, 11 at 13:53

I have a few strawberry plants growing in a container, none of which have produced fruit yet. When watering this week, I noticed this strange plant growing in there as well...

The leaves are noticibly different from the strawberries around it, but unline anything else in my garden! I can't tell if its supposed to be there or what I should do about it!

Here is a pic of the container:
strawberries2 8-21

Here is a closeup of the possible "invader":
IMG_3355

Any suggetions or insights?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strawberry plant invasion?

Most of us get weeds in our containers. The good part is that they are easily pulled out, if done before they are allowed to take over. Al

o

Al,
Is this a weed? I am not sure how to tell :)

o

There are many sites on your computer that will picture weeds, if it is important for you to know its name. In a container if you did not plant it there, it is a weed, and the sooner removed the better. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here